RE: [xsl] Constructing a tree from leaf nodes (knowing the tree structure)?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Constructing a tree from leaf nodes (knowing the tree structure)?
From: "Trevor Nicholls" <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:50:35 +1200

As I understand it (sorry if this duplicates other posts submitted
meantime):

There is a structure tree and a data tree.
The structure tree is fixed and complete.
The data tree is variable and may contain any element which corresponds to a
descendant-less node (leaf node) in the structure tree (at most one of each
element).

The required output is a merge of the structure tree and the data tree,
where:
 a) for any specific descendant-less (leaf) node in the structure tree:
   - if the data tree contains a matching node with @result true
     then @complete=true and @result=true
   - if the data tree contains a matching node with @result false
     then @complete=true and @result=false
   - if the data tree does not contain a matching node
     then @complete=false and @result=false

 b) for every other node in the structure tree:
   - if the data tree contains every descendant leaf node with @result true
     then @complete=true and @result=true
   - if the data tree contains every descendant leaf node but not all
results are true
     then @complete=true and @result=false
   - if the data tree does not contain every descendant leaf node
     then @complete=false and @result=false

Cheers