Re: [xsl] XSLT Dead?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT Dead?
From: "Rashmi Rubdi" <rashmi.sub@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:42:01 -0400

I hope I'm staying on-topic... when I was learning a particular
programming language (and I know a few of them), other languages
seemed better because of the (grass is greener on the other side
effect).

But after a few years of being a programmer, I've realized that some
languages continue to grow, improve, compete and adapt and stay
current and it is the active community that uses a particular language
changes it to it's current state.

Each programming language is suited for a purpose, so use the
programming language that *you* know well and that accomplishes the
task easily.

It would be insane to transform an XML doc into HTML with Java, or ASP
- why not use a language that transforms it naturally?

As long as programming languages evovle they won't die :-) IMO.

One of the hardest lesson I've learned is, learning too many unrelated
programming languges makes me a terrible JOATMON :-( , but it is good
to learn a set of related languages. For example XHTML, CSS, XML,XSLT,
XQuery go together, somewhat.

Okay... I'll stop here.

-Rashmi