Re: [xsl] Dreamweaver XSL Tranforms

Subject: Re: [xsl] Dreamweaver XSL Tranforms
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:55:27 +0200

Robert Koberg wrote:
On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 17:43:59 -0400, Mark Anderson <mark.anderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All

I'm using Dreamweaver to author XSL templates, which are used to
transform XML into HTML.

Does dreamweaver do XSL now? what version?

I just installed a test version of Dreamweaver 8 and it indeed 'does' XSLT. By running system-property('vendor') it turns out that DreamWeaver internally uses Xalan-C

Xalan-C does not support fn:format-number(), encodings and xsl:sort out-of-the-box. You need to install the ICU support to get it working with these functions. See: http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/usagepatterns.html#icu.

Without ICU, Xalan-C will ignore the second and third argument. With ICU, it fully supports both arguments (well, that's what the Xalan-C docs are saying).

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma
  http://www.nuntia.nl