Re: [xsl] XSL-FO control over external links

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO control over external links
From: "Jay Bryant" <jay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 10:38:16 -0500

Hi, Cindy,

Can you see the URL that the back button goes to? If you can, does it have any indication of the location within the document or just the name of the PDF file? That is, does it look like SomeDocument.pdf#SomeHeading or just SomeDocument.pdf?

If the # sign is present, then the browser can try to link to a particular place in the PDF file. If it's not present, then the browser doesn't have the information needed to link to a particular place in the PDF file.

A browser can only link to a particular place in a PDF file if the PDF file includes named destinations. I have no idea whether Antenna House's PDF generator supports named destinations, but that's the feature to be looking for when you track down this problem.

HTH

(I recently implemented named destinations for FOP, so this subject rings a big bell with me.)

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cindy Hunt" <Cindy.Hunt@xxxxxxx>