Re: [xsl] (Slightly) OT: Generating SVG Diagram for Schema?

Subject: Re: [xsl] (Slightly) OT: Generating SVG Diagram for Schema?
From: Paul Tyson <phtyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 17:46:22 -0600

I've had fun lately using Graphviz (http://www.graphviz.org). It is pie-simple to write XSLT to generate a graph description from any XML instance (xsd or other). Then run it through one of graphviz's layout programs to create the graph. I haven't used SVG output, but it is one of several available output formats.

It might be a stretch to produce conforming UML class diagrams. But you can easily use XSLT+graphviz to create customized visual representations of any object graph that is implicit in an XML document.

--Paul

sthomas2@xxxxxxx wrote:

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know of or have experience with a
transform that can create an SVG diagram of an XML schema? Something
like a UML class diagram or the schema diagrams created by XML tools
like <oXygen/>

TIA,

Stephen