Re: [xsl] Using xsl:output in browsers, was: Re [xsl] XHTML html validation

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using xsl:output in browsers, was: Re [xsl] XHTML html validation
From: "Robert Koberg" <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 08:21:33 -0500

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 07:38:47 -0500, Manfred Staudinger <manfred.staudinger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Using a PI involves the same ActiveX control [as for javascript
invoked transformations]
False.

not popups about ActiveX, but instead, maybe, popups about cross-frame
scripting
No popup in case of iframe.

I could drag on about the unmanageability of using PIs, its lack of
parameter passing possibilities, its complete lack of flexibility,
You should consider PIs not instead, but in addition to the javascript
invoked transformation. This way you will gain additional flexibility!

One of the main reasons I don't use PIs is because you can't cache the processor object. Each time you view a page the XSL has to be parsed and made into a processor object.

best,
-Rob

But like I said, I could go on and on, but if you know all the drawbacks
and if you are willing to pay the extra effort involved, it is quite a stable
and save path to go
You seem not to have explored this path up to now, as many of your arguments
rely on general considerations, not on concrete experience.

Manfred