Re: [xsl] XHTML html validation

Subject: Re: [xsl] XHTML html validation
From: Owen Rees <owen.rees@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 16:13:30 +0000

--On Friday, February 16, 2007 13:51:15 +0000 John Steel wrote:

Owen Rees wrote:

[...] Your top
level element should start with something like this:

Oh man, well even though this is like pulling teeth I'm hoping others wo
do the same will benefit :-)
When I make the change you suggest, all my xml tags appear in the source
of the page literally as though my stylesheet wasn't used.

Perhaps it was not clear but I was referring to the output from the transform when I referred to the top level element. In order to be XHTML, the elements must be in the correct namespace, and your transform must put them in that namespace if they are not already in that namespace in the input.

I think it would help to separate the problems of generating correct XHTML and delivering it to the browser. Small but complete sample input XML and simplified but complete stylesheet would be useful for the generating correct XHTML part.

--
Owen Rees
Hewlett Packard Laboratories, Bristol, UK