[xsl] Dynamically calling a template

Subject: [xsl] Dynamically calling a template
From: Steve <subsume@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 16:18:47 -0500

Hello there. I found some sage advice that I'd like help understanding.

I was striving for the hypothetical (but illegal) solution of
<xsl:call-template name="$variable" /> (names cannot be variable).
Then I found the below link

http://archive.gingerall.cz/archives/public/sablot2001/msg00332.html

In this link, Pavel suggests, "Decide what you are going to do before
you run the processor and feed it with appropriate data, including
stylesheets" rather than try to dynamically summon a template.

But I'm stuck in applying this to my current situation. Basically I
have several SQL tables (User_BasicInfo, User_AdvancedInfo,
User_Goals, User_Contacts), each with a different stylesheet
associated with it, which contains a form for adding and updating
information corresponding whichever table it is associated with. I
select the stylesheet using xsl:choose.

I'm guessing another approach will involve use of apply-templates and
match but I'm not sure what to match, in my case.

Could anyone provide some insight?

-S