Re: [xsl] Simple Question

Subject: Re: [xsl] Simple Question
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:13:35 GMT

> (it's going to be a bit long)
you could have cut the example down a bit for posting.

> And if I see a number element,
what do you mean by a number element, xquerx doesn't have an element of
that name? or do you mean

<nameTest xqu:prefix="domain"
xmlns:xqu="http://www.w3.org/2005/XQueryX">number</nameTest>

> And I have to do the same thing for any operation that contains a number
> value. The exception is the case where we have
sorry I can't follow you at all here.

> So... I thought why not do a recursive loop to add these tags at the end
> of each operation while using the iterative template you guys provided
> earlier:

Beware xslt has no access to the tags in the source document, and can
not directly generate tags into the result. It's thinking about tags
that leads you to trying to use d-o-e.

If you posted a small (10 or so) line xqueryx input file, and explained
what transformation you wanted to do, and what result you needed, no
doubt someone would help show you a cleaner, more portable solution.

I can't work out from your posting what transfomation you want to do,
both input and output need to be xqueryx?

To comment on

> Now, xqueryx does not have a composite element that
> can easily hold all this, it only works with binary trees. For example,
> if I wanted a query that represented this: ((number1 = 10) AND
> (number2=10) AND (number3=10) AND (number4=10))
>
> I have to create a binary tree like this

You don't _have_ to code it that way, you could express it as
every $n in (number11,number2,number3,number4) satisfies $n=10

David