Re: [xsl] function last() not matching the last element tag

Subject: Re: [xsl] function last() not matching the last element tag
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:23:00 GMT

> that is defined to select all child::node(), right?
yes

> making it a sequence of 7 items, three p elements and 4 text()
> element?

yes

> What am I missing?
the fact that last() is in a predicate so (necessarily) in a step so the
current node list at that point is the set of nodes in teh current step
/a/b[last()] selects every b that's the last b child of its parent.
(/a/b)[last()] would select the last b in the sequence, if we were
talkning oabout xpath, but the context here was a pattern, and this
isn't a legal pattern.

David