Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 has arrived

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 has arrived
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:31:50 GMT

Elliotte

> unless maybe I need to do something that 2.0 makes a lot easier.

you mean like transforming xml:-) I was (and still am, really) highly
critical of the level to which schema-nonsense affected xquery/xslt2
but actually xslt2 has turned out rather well. The schema features don't
intrude too much if you are using a basic processor, and the extra
functionality (temporary trees, grouping and regexp in particular) mean
that for anything other than client side xslt (which I still think has a
place) I'd use xslt2 every time. Try it, you may find yourself being
hooked...

David