Re: [xsl] Formatting issues

Subject: Re: [xsl] Formatting issues
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 14:25:38 -0500

MS --

You are not making it easy for people to help you. Before posting questions to XSL-List please make an effort to try to solve the problem yourself. After you have done that, you can make it easier for people to help you by:

  - asking specific enough questions that answers are possible. Describe
    what you are trying to do, how you approached it, what happened, and
    why you don't like the result you got.

  - supplying small samples of files that illustrate your question or
    problem. For example, an XML file, an XSLT stylesheet, the result
    you got, and the result you want - all in miniature (and remembering
    that everything posted to XSL-List is archived in public).

You have not shown the XSLT you tried.

  - describing the topic of your question concisely in the subject line
    Good subject lines - those that describe the subject matter of your
    message - not only increase the chances that you will receive answers
    to questions or responses to comments, they also make your message
    and any replies to it accessible in the list archives.

It looks like you are asking the list instead of doing any work yourself. If this is not the case, and you are trying to solve your own problems, show the list what you have tried and what you are trying to accomplish.

-- Tommie

Hi:

Actually, the text "This has values high and steep"
was only to indicate that if the conditional values
were high and steep, then this text should be
displayed. The textual matter is not important. What
is important is the formatting for each level like 1,
2, etc.

Does that make sense? Please let me know if you need
more information.

Thanks a lot
MS
--- Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Ms,

 It is better to just include the parts of the
 original message that are
 needed for your reply, and leave the rest. That is
 easier for others to
 read in the archived messages and in the list (see
 the list guidelines).

> 1. This has values high and steep
> 2. This has values high and steep.
> A. This has values high and steep.
>
> But what I am getting is this:
>
> 1. This has values high and steep
> 1. This has values high and steep.
> A. This has values high and steep.
>
> Please let me know how this ca be resolved.

 This may be crystal clear to you, but I am still at
 a loss: you want the
 first line of the input repeated at several levels?
 And you don't want
 counting at all? In that case, just append "1. ".
 But I assume you mean
 something else and that this is just a cut n paste
 error. Where go "high
 and low" and "high and deep"? What are the attached
 levels (meaning: can
 you add in your output a hint of where the text
 comes from and from what
 level?).

 I'd like to help, but I must have a good
 understanding of what you want
 (ain't that always the case? ;) before I can
 continue.

> This template repeats for level2...6

 Hmm, looks to me at first sight as if you attempt to
 tackle the problem
 imperatively (like as if it were a procedural
 language), instead of
 declaratively. If you can clarify the output queries
 for me, I (or
 anybody) may be of help to give you a somewhat
 easier solution.

 -- Abel
    http://www.nuntia.nl