[xsl] writing out of the current boundary of an element

Subject: [xsl] writing out of the current boundary of an element
From: "Nima Kaviani" <nkaviani@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 01:14:58 -0800

Hi,

I need to write an element outside the boundary of the "current()"
element which is being written to the output file.

for example having the output below written by my XSLT and considering
that I am filling the values inside the inner, I need to write another
element, as a child of <test:Base>, but based on the values I obtain
while I am writing the inner element:

<test:Base>
<test:Rule>
<test:Inner>
 ####
</test:Inner>
</test:Rule>
</test:Base>

so I need the output to be like this:

<test:Base>
<!--------------The new part-------------------->
<test:newlyAdded>
    *********
</test:newlyAdded>

<test:Rule>
<test:Inner>
 ####
</test:Inner>
</test:Rule>
</test:Base>

not to mention that the output is an XML file. any help with this
regard is highly appreciated.

sorry if this is a redundant question, but I couldn't search the list
as I didn't exactly know what to search for.

thanks,
-Nima