Re: [xsl] [XSLT2] Grouping by matching properly nested pairs

Subject: Re: [xsl] [XSLT2] Grouping by matching properly nested pairs
From: "Christian Roth" <roth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 03:42:34 +0100

Michael Kay wrote:

>I think you do want group-starting-with="start", but constrained to the
>"top-level" start elements, thus:
>
>group-starting-with="start[count(preceding-sibling::start) =
>count(preceding-sibling::end)]"
>
>then you need to do the grouping again recursively on these groups to get
>the next level, and so on.

Thanks Michael for the helpful idea.

I finally have it working here (after finding my stupid mistake of not
xsl:copy'ing the initial groups to a variable before applying the
recursion, which of course made  preceding-sibling::* in the grouping
condition find elements in the document beyond the current for-each-
group node list - oh well...).

-Christian