[xsl] using xml schema to generate xml

Subject: [xsl] using xml schema to generate xml
From: Marc Lambrichs <marc.lambrichs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:07:53 +0100

I'm thinking of a scenario where I can generate an (instance) xml-document based on an xml-schema and another xml-stream or -file. I think I can parse the schema with xslt and lookup the appropriate values in the other xml-file.

However, a more beautiful solution - I think - would be that parsing the xml together with the schema, and since some errors events will occur, attaching code to those events that will put some nodes in the resulting xml. Has anybody had some experience with one of these scenarios?

Cheers,
Marc