RE: [xsl] adding namespaces to result [XSLT 1.0]

Subject: RE: [xsl] adding namespaces to result [XSLT 1.0]
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 18:02:01 -0000

If the element name, the namespace prefix, and the namespace URI are all
known to you at the time you write the stylesheet, then all you need to do
is to use a literal result element:

<myElement xmlns:iso4217="http://www.xbrl.org/2003/iso4217">
</myElement>

If any of these are not known in advance, then you have to use the technique
you refer to, of copying a namespace node from another document. You've
clearly misunderstood how this technique works, but it would be useful to
see your code so that we can see which part of it you didn't understand.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/