Re: [xsl] document() function refuses http adresses

Subject: Re: [xsl] document() function refuses http adresses
From: George Cristian Bina <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 15:47:52 +0200

Most probably you do not have a direct internet connection and you need to set a proxy server. The browser seems to have the proxy set, you may look into its options to see the configuration.
If you invoke Saxon from command line then there are a couple of Java system properties that can be set from the command line to point to the proxy server and port, see
-DproxySet=true
-DproxyHost=host
-DproxyPort=port

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina

Robert Melskens wrote:
XSLT processor: Saxon8b
XSLT version: 1.0

Hello,

According to the WROX XSLT Programmers Reference of Michael Kay (2000 version) you should be able to use http addresses as a parameter of the document() function (see page 442, where mr. Kay uses the example "http://www.wrox.com/booklist").

However in one of my stylesheet I try to use the following command:

<xsl:value-of select="document('http://xml.ascc.net/schematron/schematron1-5.sch')"/>

unfortunately it results in a UnknownHostException. It looks as if it doesn't know 'xml.ascc.net.
I am able to use the http address in IE. I also tried it with other http addresses but the result stays the same.

I also tried this in XML-Spy (native XSLT processor) but also this wasn't succesful.

What am I doing wrong?

Gratis 500 foto's per maand uploaden en delen met vrienden? http://spaces.live.com