RE: [xsl] XSLT engines and terminal newline

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT engines and terminal newline
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 18:06:20 +0100

If that's the only difference in the serialized output, I'm amazed. Many
aspects of serialization aren't defined in the specs to that level of detail
- for example, the order of attributes is unpredictable. The general rule is
that if the XML parser treats two documents in the same way, then they are
equivalent. The correct way to compare results is to put them both through a
canonicalizer that removes these differences.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/