[xsl] Namespace missing after transform

Subject: [xsl] Namespace missing after transform
From: "Hofman, Peter" <peter.hofman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 13:52:46 +0200

Hi,

I have difficulties getting all necessary namespaces in the output while
performing XML to XML transformation.

The source document contains typed elements like this:

<elem xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
          xsi:type="xs:short">30</elem>

When I copy it using the following xsl template the xmlns:xs reference
is missing.

Template:

<xsl:template match="elem">
	<xsl:element name="elem">
		<xsl:attribute name="xsi:type"

			<xsl:value-of select="@xsi:type"/>
		</xsl:attribute>
		<xsl:value-of select="."/>
	</xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

Result:

<elem xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
          xsi:type="xs:short">30</elem>

Any ideas how to fix this?

Additional information:
XSL version: 1.0
XSLT processor: not sure, I think it is SAX based. Anyway, problem also
occurs with msxsl.exe (version 4.0).

Kind regards,

Peter Hofman