Re: [xsl] [XSLT, Version 1] Stylesheet to embed a chunk of XML into HTML?

Subject: Re: [xsl] [XSLT, Version 1] Stylesheet to embed a chunk of XML into HTML?
From: "bryan rasmussen" <rasmussen.bryan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:12:45 +0200

Well there is the deprecated xmp tag, other than that I think you have
to pretty much escape the elements.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen

On 8/24/06, Costello, Roger L. <costello@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Folks,

I am writing a stylesheet which outputs HTML.  My stylesheet pulls in a
chunk of XML from an XML file and then stuffs it within the HTML <body>
element.  Here's what I want my stylesheet to generate:

       <pre>
            -- XML chunk here (tags not escaped so they will display
in a browser) --
       </pre>

When I drop the resulting HTML into a browser I want the XML chunk to
display, including the tags.

Below is the XSLT that I thought would work, but doesn't.  Can you show
me the correct way to solve this problem?

By the way, I am not able to modify the XML file that my stylesheet
reads, so wrapping elements in the XML file within a CDATA section is
not an option for me.

/Roger

<?xml version="1.0"?>
                     version="1.0">

<xsl:output method="html"/>

   <xsl:template match="/">
          <xsl:variable name="test">
               <xsl:copy-of select="//Member[1]"/>
          </xsl:variable>
          <pre>
              <xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping="no"
select="$test"/>
          </pre>
   </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>