Re: [xsl] How to use document() of doc() function with copy idiom, or how to acc

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to use document() of doc() function with copy idiom, or how to acc
From: Abel Braaksma Online <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:36:02 +0200

Hi Colin,

I must have been blindfolded for some hours! I have resolved it for now. Inside the variable, I used <xsl:value-of select="doc(xxx)" />, which, of course, dumped out only the textual content. I replaced it with <xsl:copy-of select="doc(xxx)" /> and now it works.

Thanks for quickly replying. The dot in the value-of construct is fixed, should be $input-file instead.

Cheers,
Abel

Colin Adams wrote:

Namespace of input xml document: this is equal to the current xslt document (just because saxon needs an input document. I don't actually use it)

Saxon (8 - which you appear to be using) doesn't need an intput document. You can supply the name of an initial template instead.

<!-- load the documents -->
<xsl:variable name="documents">
<doc>
<input-filename><xsl:value-of select="." /></input-filename>

What do you expect to get from that xsl:value-of?