Re: [xsl] directory listing extension

Subject: Re: [xsl] directory listing extension
From: "andrew welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 12:29:11 +0100

On 7/20/06, andrew welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/20/06, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Is there an extension that given a directory will return a
> > list of file paths from recursively traversing the directory,
>
> All extensions are processor-dependent.
>
>  eg:
> >
> > index.html
> > images/logo.gif
> >
> > ...or will I need to write my own extension?
> >

> You may be able to call the underlying system methods directly:
>
> xmlns:File="java:java.io.File"
> <xsl:variable name="dir" select="File:new($directory)"/>
> <xsl:variable name="files" select="File:list($dir)"/>
> <xsl:for-each select="$files">...

Thanks, sounds promising but I'm having an early problem: any idea why
$files would be empty:

<xsl:variable name="dir" select="File:new($directory)"/>
<xsl:variable name="files" select="File:list($dir)" as="xs:string+"/>

There are definitely files in the directory I'm passing in....

I've got it working now...

The directory I was passing in was in the form:

file:///c:/dir/subdir

After changing that to:

c:\\dir\\subdir

it's working as expected.