Re: [xsl] XSLT compiler

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT compiler
From: "andrew welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:10:59 +0100

On 7/17/06, Mohsen Saboorian <mohsens@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I want to use XSLT in a project which has a number of concurrent users
(web), and so the transformation time (and possibly caching) is an
important issue.
For this reason, I decided to use an XSLT-to-class compiler. I've
found Apache's XSLTC, the only XSLT compiler available for free on the
Internet.
1. Is there any better solution for XSLT transformation performance?
2. Since XSLTC uses Xalan, it only supports XSLT 1.0. Can I use
compiling feature of XSLTC + XSLT 2.0 support of Saxon? I mean is
there any kind of pluggability between Xalan and Saxon?

You can compile stylesheets into reusable Templates object to avoid building the stylesheet for each tranformation.

Ultimately for best performance you would want to transform the source
XML only when it changes, and serve the "static" result for the bulk
of the requests.

cheers
andrew