Re: [xsl] A beef with XSLT Sometimes too complicated

Subject: Re: [xsl] A beef with XSLT Sometimes too complicated
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 06:48:41 -0700

The following XPath 1.0 expression generates one out of two given
strings depending on a condition:

concat(
substring(Str1,1 div Cond),
substring(Str2,1 div not(Cond))
      )

David Carlisle (or Jeny?) AFAIK was the first to propose the same or
similar trick with substring() and infinity -- I tried in vain to find
it in a few minutes  -- could someone, please, point to it?

-- Cheers, Dimitre Novatchev --------------------------------------- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.