Re: [xsl] Transforming multiple XML files into one file

Subject: Re: [xsl] Transforming multiple XML files into one file
From: Chad Chelius <cchelius@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:11:21 -0400

David,
can you show me an example XSLT of how you would combine multiple XML files using a target element within each file? Say the <document> element?
On Jun 13, 2006, at 11:08 AM, David Carlisle wrote:

The limitation that I see, here is.. You need to know how many XMLs that
you are planning to combine before..

That depens on what you mean by "know" and "before". It doesn't need to
be known before you compile the stylesheet, it does (like every aspect
of the result) need to be calculatable as some function of the input
before you start the transformation, but the explict number doesn't need
to appear anywhere.

 Since you can not define the XSL
nodeset variables dynamially at run time.

You don't need to do that a variable holding a nodeset can, as its name
implies hold a set of more than one node, in particular it can hold any
(finite, positive) number of document nodes.

David