Re: RE: [xsl] How to Handel whitespace in xsl:if test

Subject: Re: RE: [xsl] How to Handel whitespace in xsl:if test
From: "M. David Peterson" <xmlhacker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 23:40:43 -0600

Okay, this has got to go down in XSL-List history as one of the
funniest/best series of follow-up's... Or maybe I just need to start
spending more time reading and posting solutions and less time
stressing over things I shouldn't be stressing over...

I like the sound of that last sentence (although, no doubt there are
those who have now just unsubscribed and are well on their way to a
new hobby that doesn't involve me, my loud mouth, or my ability to
write 400 pages of mispelled mumbo-jumbo-attitude in 14 minutes or
less...)

Maybe I'll just watch from the sidelines a bit longer while I finish
up the final pieces of a few things before I consider entering the
real world again ;) :D

Either way, thanks for the laughs! :D

On 6/4/06, Alexander Johannesen <alexander.johannesen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 6/5/06, cknell@xxxxxxxxxx <cknell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm very fond of Bach (J.S.), could you provide and example that produces the
> Brandeberg Concerto #3 (in G, BWV 1048)?

Hmm ;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0">
        <xsl:strip-space elements="*" />
        <xsl:output method="xml" indent="no" encoding="iso-8859-1"
                doctype-public="-//Recordare//DTD MusicXML 1.1 MIDI//EN"
                doctype-system="http://www.musicxml.org/dtds/midixml.dtd"
         />
        <xsl:template match="/">
          <xsl:variable name="ext"
select="document('http://musicmoz.org/Sound_Files/MIDI/Classical/index.xml')/*"
/>
          <xsl:variable name="bach"
select="document($ext[@id='194282-1006097688']/@url)/*" />
          <xsl:apply-templates select="$bach" />
        </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

... umm, except the final file is .mid binary, but given the silly
notion of this thread I'm allowing for some slack here ... :)

Alex -- "Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know." - Frank Herbert __ http://shelter.nu/ __________________________________________________

--
<M:D/>

M. David Peterson