Re: [xsl] Office 2007, XSL-FO, and the Adobe "Save as PDF"

Subject: Re: [xsl] Office 2007, XSL-FO, and the Adobe "Save as PDF"
From: Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 16:49:00 -0400

M. David Peterson wrote:
And yes... I still do VERY MUCH have a question....

Does direct support for PDF as part of Office dilute or enhance the
value of XSL-FO?

For me, I hope the whole PDF document type dies a quick death. Perhaps what you are talking about helps it.

Have you ever tried to convert PDFs (especially PDFs produced by many different people) to something usable for XSL processing? I have often fantasized about taking PDF out back and shooting it.

(for that that matter, to a lesser extent, I hope MS Office Word and Open Office Write dies a similar death)

-Rob