[xsl] Sort an xml file by the using the ordering/sorting information from another xml file

Subject: [xsl] Sort an xml file by the using the ordering/sorting information from another xml file
From: Jagsmiles <jagsmiles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 09:41:49 +0200

I want to sort the elements of an xml file, The criteria of ordering is
actually specified in another xml file.

Can i use xsl to sort one xml file by the using the ordering data from
another xml file?:

I give a small e.g.

The Original xml file: main.xml

<myRoot>
       <myElement key=3D"Tokyo" country=3D"JAP">I am Tokyo</myElement>
       <myElement key=3D"NewYork" country=3D"US">I am NewYork</myElement>
       <myElement key=3D"Sydney" country=3D"AUS">I am Sydney</myElement>
       <myElement key=3D"London" country=3D"UK">I am London</myElement>
</myRoot>

The Sorting Criteria xml file: SortingOrder.xml:
<mySortingOrder>
       <myElement key=3D"NewYork" />
       <myElement key=3D"London" />
       <myElement key=3D"Tokyo" />
       <myElement key=3D"Sydney" />
</mySortingOrder>

After sorting the final xml data i should get is: <myRoot> <myElement key=3D"NewYork" country=3D"US">I am NewYork</myElement> <myElement key=3D"London" country=3D"UK">I am London</myElement> <myElement key=3D"Tokyo" country=3D"JAP">I am Tokyo</myElement> <myElement key=3D"Sydney" country=3D"AUS">I am Sydney</myElement> </myRoot>

in the final xml, the myElement elements are sorted according to the sortin=
order specified in SortingOrder.xml.

Can i achieve this using xsl?
Normally for the xsl:sort the sorting information should be present in the
element itself.

Thanks in advance.
Jagdishwar.