RE: [xsl] Re: xsl:choose and multiple (sibling) elements

Subject: RE: [xsl] Re: xsl:choose and multiple (sibling) elements
From: "mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:39:02 -0400

You can read this:

<xsl:value-of select="$belegBereich/../textListe/element/inhalt"/>

as

<xsl:value-of
select="$belegBereich/parent::node()/child::textListe/child::element/child::
inhalt"/>

Each step in the path expression selects nodes by navigating from the nodes
selected by the previous step. The expression on the right of "/" is
evaluated once for each node selected by the previous step, with that node
as the context node.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/