Re: [xsl] Namespaces best practice in XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Namespaces best practice in XML
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 14:48:50 +0100

> Do I need to declare the XHTML namespace + my source XML's namespace?

technically the answer to the question is "no" as it's possible to
write a stylesheet that doesn't declare either namespace and still
transforms your input document to XHTML, but practically speaking the
answer is "yes".

Declare XHTML namespace to be the default namespace in your stylesheet
then you can use literal elements such as
to generate an xhtml p element.

Declare your source namespace to be on some prefix eg f: and use f:abc
whenever refering to elements in that namespace.

David

http://www.star.net.uk