[xsl] XSL-FO: Fixed box to construct empty text-box or tick-box.

Subject: [xsl] XSL-FO: Fixed box to construct empty text-box or tick-box.
From: "Lloyd Thompson" <lloyd_t@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:23:24 +0000

Greetings,

I am writing XSL-FO to produce a questionnaire document. For this I will need to create empty text-boxes and tick-boxes. So far, I have managed to produce text-boxes using fo:table; the text-boxes are simply cells that contain borders. The problem is that this box grows as the text in another column spans over more than one line, so ideally I want to place a fixed size box in the table.

What is the best way to go about doing this? I tried to create an empty fo:block and specified attributes for height and width but unfortunatley as the box is not populated, it appears as a flat line. Do I have to produce an SVG?

Many thanks,

Lloyd