However then I will need to find out how to do this using TIBCO
XMLTransform or (my biggest fear) - by coding it myself.

-----Original Message-----
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cknell@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 10 March 2006 02:14 PM
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [xsl]: XSL processes XML incorrectly when uneven number of
values returned in array elements

e) In a given row, the successive <td> elements should contain the
values of one <option> element from each successive <optionListx> such
that the first row would contain optionList1/option[1],
optionList2/option[1], optionList3/option[1], optionList4/option[1],
optionList5/option[1], optionList6/option[1], optionList7/option[1].

>> if numbered from [1] correct, some people say [0] is the first
occurrence. But you are correct.
Answer: "some people" don't understand that in XPath, the counting
starts at 1, not zero.

f) At the point where optionListx/option[y] would return a null value,
an empty <td> should be emitted by the stylesheet.

Is this correct?

>> this is where it gets tricky. For example in optionList2 there are 10
occurrences, the first 8 have values, then 9 is a null and 10 has a
value. I need to display occurrence 9 as a blank, so that occurrence 10
is displayed in row 10. Null elements that come after the actual data
are trimmed by the application sending the XML.
Answer: This is may be tricky or very tricky. Can you use XSLT 2.0 or
are you stuck with 1.0?

--
Charles Kell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email