Re: [xsl] FW: FW: XSL-FO print of static area at end

Subject: Re: [xsl] FW: FW: XSL-FO print of static area at end
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 22:00:17 +0100

Linda Burgess wrote:
> Unfortunately, this solution does not work under all circumstances.
> The scenario I have tested, is to make my output just one page long,
> without leaving enough space for the full footnote to print. As I
> understand, the footnote should then print at the bottom of the next
> page (which will be a blank page), but this does not happen. In this
> case, no footnote is printed at all.

This is a known defect in FOP 0.20.5: if there's only footnote
content pending for the last page, it will be discarded.

> In connection with your suggestion to use a block-container, I get the following error:
>
> “(org.apache.fop.apps.XSLTInputHandler@1ea2fa6)
> javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.ClassCastException”

FOP 0.20.5 accepts block-containers only as immediate children of
a fo:flow.

> All help will be greatly appreciated.

Try upgrading to the current development code (0.91beta). At least
the problem with discarded footnote content should have been fixed.

J.Pietschmann