RE: [xsl] problem adding namespace node

Subject: RE: [xsl] problem adding namespace node
From: "Majirus FANSI" <jmfansi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 18:51:49 +0100

Hi all,
I am so sorry.
Everything is ok. the problem is that firefox 1.0.7 didn't print the namespace declaration.
From the source code of the page i notice that the outer node is exactly
bound. That's:
<query xmlns:p="http://majirus.org"><p:a/></query>
once more thank you for replying.
Kind regards,

Majirus

From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:05:42 -0000

The processor is unlikely to generate <p:a/> unless there is a namespace
declaration for p in scope. I suspect you are trying to add not a namespace
node, but a namespace declaration. It there a namespace declaration already
present on an outer node? The serializer will always eliminate redundant
namespace declarations.

Perhaps you are even trying to change the namespace of the p:a element. When
you create an element, you define its expanded name (namespace URI and local
name), and creating namespace nodes will never change the name of the
element.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/