Re: [xsl] Fwd: Parsing Entities

Subject: Re: [xsl] Fwd: Parsing Entities
From: Geert Josten <Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 08:16:00 +0100

I recall that Michael Kay explained (more or less) that the so-called markup you are writing that way can not be handled like other markup until it is actually written to file (or serialized to a stream).

You can catch results in an xsl variable and perhaps want to process them further in the same stylesheet. Or you have a second process connected to the XSL transformer through DOM or SAX. These are all cases in which these escaped markup tags will pass by as text nodes and not as element nodes (or the corresponding SAX events)...

Kind regards,
Geert

Kaila Kaarle wrote:

hi,

I'll continue still a little this thread from 10th jan as I was a bit
suprised of these answers.

My question is that what is so bad and stupid about using d-o-e
(disable-output-escaping).
I have an application that has some data that includes html tags in it
and this works quite nicely with d-o-e as far as I can see.

Regards
Kaarle