Re: Re: [xsl] Newbie to XSLT needs help with MIF->XML->SGML output

Subject: Re: Re: [xsl] Newbie to XSLT needs help with MIF->XML->SGML output
From: <convextech@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:28:14 -0600

I guess I should have been more clear.

This is a revision to a technical manual that was not previously in any kind of digital format. I layed out the book in Unstructured FrameMaker then saved the FrameMaker files as MIFs, with a book file saved as MIF also. The application that converts the MIFs doesn't have anything to do with FrameMaker (it's not a plug-in/API/FrameScript/etc.); it opens the book MIF file and converts the MIF structure into XML, then SGML. During the steps it takes to convert, it follows instructions within its own DLLs but using input from the XSL stylesheets depending on the DTD I need it to convert to. The problem seems to be happening somewhere between the DLLs' interpretation of the XSL. Since I don't have the source code I was hoping I could somehow "bypass" the DLLs' function/s & simply transform the documents using a program like Stylus Studio, but I don't even know where to begin reconstructing those instructions within the XSL rather than the DLL.

Or is this even more muddy than ever? ;-)