Re: [xsl] can the Muenchian method do this?

Subject: Re: [xsl] can the Muenchian method do this?
From: dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 10:16:48 -0500 (EST)

Hi Andrew,

Thanks again for your help. Sorry I did not specify exactly what I needed.
That last xls does not return anything either. It might help to see the
xml file - http://www.streampad.com/upload/example.xml and with the xlst -
http://www.streampad.com/upload/exampleXSL.xml (this is a lot smaller than
what it will be)

In this example I would like to get back [2 Pac, Jay-Z].

Thanks,
Dan

> On 1/4/06, dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> Thanks for the help but unfortunately this is not giving me the results
>> desire. When I run that, it returns an empty set. It also takes a long
>> time to run. There is no way to use the Muenchian method but base it on
>> another value in the node?
>
> You didn't say you had a large input set or that performance was
> important... This stylesheet uses two keys, one to filter based on
> genre, the other to group by Artist (which is the Muenchian method :)
>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>  xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
>
> <xsl:key name="song-by-genre" match="song" use="Genre"/>
> <xsl:key name="song-by-artist" match="song" use="Artist"/>
>
> <xsl:param name="genre" select="'Rap'"/>
>
> <xsl:template match="/">
>   <xsl:apply-templates select="key('song-by-genre', $genre)"/>
> </xsl:template>
>
> <xsl:template match="song">
>   <xsl:if test="generate-id() = generate-id(key('song-by-artist',
> Artist)[1])">
>     <xsl:value-of select="Artist"/>
>     <xsl:if test="position() != last()">, </xsl:if>
>   </xsl:if>
> </xsl:template>
>
> </xsl:stylesheet>
>
> cheers