Re: [xsl] Debugging XSLT + Introduction

Subject: Re: [xsl] Debugging XSLT + Introduction
From: George Cristian Bina <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:10:38 +0200

Hi Tom,

With oXygen (and I believe also with Stylus but I have not checked that) you can debug both with Saxon 8 Basic and with Saxon 8 Schema Aware.

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina

thomas.maciejewski@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have xml spy which is a nice program however the XSL debugger is kind of
confusing and also I am not sure if I can debug with the saxon parser.

Regards,

Tom Maciejewski

Sylvain Hellegouarch To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <sh@xxxxxxxxxx> cc: Subject: Re: [xsl] Debugging XSLT + Introduction 12/20/2005 09:50 AM Please respond to xsl-list

Hello Tom,

I am really, as you can see, not a pro at XSLT 2.0 and am sort of
learning
under fire. I want to thank you all for your patience with my
questions.

I am not even a pro at XSLT 1.0 myself... *sigh* ;)

One of the comments/ questions that I have is that I am having problems
debugging XSLT.   With Java or most other programming languages I could
step through with a debugger or add debug statements.   Could you
recommend
a good way to approach debugging problematic XSLTs?

I don't know if that's a good way but I usually use XML editor capabilities in that area. Editors such as oXygen or EditX have very nice XSLT debugging features. This is just a thought but I have no idea if it could suit you. Good luck anyway.

- Sylvain

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and
intended solely for the addressees.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.