[xsl] Processing IDREFS attributes

Subject: [xsl] Processing IDREFS attributes
From: Dan Vint <dvint@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 13:00:05 -0800

I've got a few places where I have an attribute of type IDREFS and a sequence of ID values like references="Location Party Organization". I had thought a simple for-each loop would pull these apart with the id() function, in something like this:

<xsl:for-each select="id(@references)">
	<xsl:value-of select="."/>
</xsl:for-each>

But it doesn't work. What I get is the content of @references with the above.

The only other solution I have thought about is creating a template and recursively pulling apart the string. This should work, but I would think there is a simpler way to make this work. Is there a solution I missed?

..dan
Danny Vint

Specializing in Panoramic Images of California and the West
http://www.dvint.com

voice: 510-522-4703

When H.H. Bennett was asked why he preferred to be out
shooting landscapes rather than spending time in his portrait studio:

"It is easier to pose nature and less trouble to please."

http://www.portalwisconsin.org/bennett_feature.cfm