[xsl] What do you call a stylesheet that doesn't require an input XML?

Subject: [xsl] What do you call a stylesheet that doesn't require an input XML?
From: andrew welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:44:58 +0100

(there isn't a punchline...)

If you have a 2.0 stylesheet that doesn't require an initial input XML
but uses collection(), and is started by calling a named template -
does that have a special name?

"Standalone stylesheet", "Pull stylesheet" maybe...

I think that particular variety/type/brand of stylesheet could have a
name to distinguish itself from the traditional kind of transform as
you can easily divide stylesheets into the 2 types of processing
models - those with the XML supplied, and those where the stylesheet
fetches the XML itself without an initial XML.

If you had to describe how to start the two different types of
transformation, or (in my case) if you had to categorise the
transforms under two tabs - what headings would you use?