Re: [xsl] Repeating Code

Subject: Re: [xsl] Repeating Code
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 11:40:05 +0530

Hi,

 How about this:

<xsl:template match="/root">

<xsl:apply-templates select="somenode1"/>

<xsl:apply-templates select="somenode2"/>

</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="somenode1|somenode2">

<COL>
<DATA>
<xsl:value-of select="."/>
</DATA>
</COL>

</xsl:template>

Ofcourse somenode1 and somenode2 would have to be children of root for this
example to work.

cheers,
prakash

                      Nicholas Orr
                      <nick@xxxxxxxxxx         To:      xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      u>                       cc:      (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
                                               Subject: [xsl] Repeating Code
                      10/08/2005 11:09
                      AM
                      Please respond
                      to xsl-list

Can anyone tell me if it  is possible to use a for-each loop (or even
some other sort of loop) to repeat code for a certain set of xsl
outputs?  For example, currently my xsl contains  :

  <COL>
      <DATA>
          <xsl:value-of select="somenode1" />
     </DATA>
</COL>
  <COL>
      <DATA>
         <xsl:value-of select="somenode2" />
     </DATA>
  </COL>

repeating for about 30 references, and the only change is in the
select line.  It works fine, but I'm wondering if there isn't a way
to make it neater.  So I can have a list of <xsl:value-of select >
lines and then only have the COL and DATA parts once in the XSL file.

Thanks,
Nick

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in