Re: [xsl] RELAX NG validator

Subject: Re: [xsl] RELAX NG validator
From: Alan Gutierrez <alan-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 03:50:05 -0400

* Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2005-09-27 03:39]:

>     Eric> Hi Colin, Le dimanche 25 septembre 2005 ` 15:26 +0100,
>     Eric> Colin Paul Adams a icrit :
>     >> Has anyone ever tried writing a RELAX NG validator in XSLT?
>
>     Eric> That's certainly something doable and I have often played
>     Eric> with this idea.
>
>     Eric> XSLT 2.0 would help if you wanted to support W3C XML Schema
>     Eric> datatypes which would be tough to support with XSLT 1.0.
>

>     Eric> I remember having submitted the idea as a use case for FXSL
>     Eric> to Dimitre Novatchev after his wonderful presentation at
>     Eric> Extreme Markup Languages 2003
>     Eric> (http://www.idealliance.org/papers/extreme03/html/2003/Novatchev01/EML2003Novatchev01.html).
>
> Well, Dimitre, you were asking for ideas as to what next with FXSL for
> XSLT 2.0 - there you go! :-)

    FXSL for XSLT 2.0? Where? When?

    I've looked at FSXL before but all the examples where
    version="1.0" which dissuaded me since I was afraid I'd have to
    work with the older syntax.

    Googling, I still seem the same articles from a few years ago.

    (I'd like to get into functional programming, and I've been
        researching Scheme and ML, but I can't justify taking the
        time to learn a new laguage and environment.)

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@xxxxxxxxx
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/index.html