RE: [xsl] Convert Word XML to Hierarchical XML using XSLT

Subject: RE: [xsl] Convert Word XML to Hierarchical XML using XSLT
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:40:08 +0100

Joris has given you the classic XSLT 1.0 solution based on recursing over
the sibling axis. Since XML Spy has (at least some) XSLT 2.0 support, you
could also use <xsl:for-each-group group-starting-with>. Your problem is
very similar to the example in the spec

Example: Identifying a Group by its Initial Element
at http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#grouping-examples

except that you need to apply the solution to each of several levels.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/