Re: [xsl] Diferent behaviour using document() in IE / FF

Subject: Re: [xsl] Diferent behaviour using document() in IE / FF
From: António Mota <amsmota@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:30:26 +0100

Hurra, i solved the problem in a very elegant way, pardon me being blatant...

As i was in a hurry to begin tests, i simply copyed my original xml so
the second access will point to it.

<xsl:variable name="xmldoc" select="document('doc2.xml')"/>

But that will cause maintenance troubles, cause the original xml can
be modified without notice, and i'll have to check it everitime and so
on...

So now i got the time to do a little thinking and thought maybe the
transformiix guys tought their way was a optimization, thinking if one
wants to access the doc with a given url, that doc should be only
loaded once, and if it's transformed in the mean time so be it.

So i've tryed accessing the same document but thru a diferent uri, like

<xsl:variable name="xmldoc" select="document('doc.xml?mode=replace')"/>

where ?mode=replace is just bogus data and... it works!!!

How about that !!!