RE: [xsl] Is it possible to dynamically change the Namespace location.

Subject: RE: [xsl] Is it possible to dynamically change the Namespace location.
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 09:58:56 +0100

In 2.0:

<xsl:template match="/*">
  <definitions xmlns="http://test.de/schemas/wfdl/">
    <xsl:namespace name="tns" select="concat(namespace::tns,
//xpdl:WorkflowProcess/@Name)"/>
  </definitions>
</xsl:template>

In 1.0 there's no equivalent of xsl:namespace, but there's a workaround:

<xsl:template match="/*">
  <xsl:variable name="dummy">
    <xsl:element name="tns:dummy"
namespace="{namespace::tns}{//xpdl:WorkflowProcess/@Name}"/>
  </xsl:variable>
  <definitions xmlns="http://test.de/schemas/wfdl/">
    <xsl:copy-of select="xx:node-set($dummy)/namespace::tns"/>
  </definitions>
</xsl:template>

As a matter of interest, why do you want your result tree to declare a
namespace that it doesn't ever use?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/