[xsl] Re: Converting StyleSheet param contents into a node set?

Subject: [xsl] Re: Converting <xml> StyleSheet param contents into a node set?
From: Jacquo Johnson <genxgeek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 00:18:11 -0600

Looks like this works (since I'm pigeon holed using xalan)..
<xsl:variable name="rtf">
   <xsl:value-of select="$Filter" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:copy-of select="xalan:nodeset($rtf)" />

Is there a better way to do this than with xalan:nodeset() or any
equivalent node-set()/nodeset() entension function?