RE: [xsl] output encoding problem (can't get UTF-8)

Subject: RE: [xsl] output encoding problem (can't get UTF-8)
From: "Gabriel K" <gabriel.klappenbach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 16:53:13 +0200

I have problems getting this to work.
When I try to load the XML, MSXML reports the following error:
"XML document must have a top level element"

This suggests that it can't read the stream properly.

Do you think it matters that the oStream object is passed as a parameter in
a function before it is used in xmlDom.load?

I'm now using:

set oStream = createobject("Adodb.Stream")
oStream.Type = 2
oStream.Charset = "Unicode"
oStream.open
oStream.writeText o.document
xmlDom.load(oStream)

(oStream is passed as a sub parameter first though)
I have also tried writing binary (type = 1 and oStream.write), and charset =
"UTF-8".

Any suggestions?

/Gabriel