Re: [xsl] Reading two xmls and changing the attribute names in the first xml conditionally

Subject: Re: [xsl] Reading two xmls and changing the attribute names in the first xml conditionally
From: "Joris Gillis" <roac@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 13:49:05 +0200

Tempore 11:03:48, die 07/06/2005 AD, hinc in xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx scripsit <jeb501@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Your examples (replies) are found to be useful for all the xsl beginners.
I'm glad to hear I'm not wasting my time by spoiling mailing list with unuseful replies:)

What were the books you are referring to for xsl, to become like this xsl
proficiency..

I did not learn xslt (or indeed any computer-related language) from a book, but from practice. IMHO, learning by example is the best method. That also explains why my replies are often not more than working xslt snippets; I wouldn't dare to go discussing about theories that lie behind it.

As a reference, I use http://www.mulberrytech.com/quickref/XSLTquickref.pdf and if that does not suffice, I read the W3C recommandation;)

However, this summer I'm planning to jump into XSLT2.0 and I'm planning to buy the 2 books of Michael Kay on XSLT and Xpath...

regards,
--
Joris Gillis (http://users.telenet.be/root-jg/me.html)
Spread the wiki (http://www.wikipedia.org)