Re: [xsl] test if null

Subject: Re: [xsl] test if null
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:28:56 +0100

  I thought that select="*" did not process text() elements...?
  Am I wrong in this?

You are right.

  If I am right, then this test would not be enough to check whether it
  is an empty element,

True. I just stated (in the post to which you are replying) that
test="not(count(*) = 0) is equivalent (annd possibly inefficient)
version of test="*". I'd suggested testing with node() earlier.

  but Jay will have to test on node instead, that
  is <xsl:if test="node()">..

as was stated by many people at the beginning of the thread, so I'm not
sure why this thread has lasted so long.

David

http://www.star.net.uk