Re: [xsl] preceding/following character?

Subject: Re: [xsl] preceding/following character?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:15:44 +0100

> Cool; thanks!  If I understand right, this has the advantage that it
> the separate templates makes it easier to use in the context of
> importing stylesheets.

Not really. Just that it works rather than not works:-)

> Maybe use translate() to   convert " ." to "."?

replace() not translate() translate() only does single character translations.

Note also that my code doesn't cope with the . not being a sibling of
the cite (the test file I posted demonstrates that, but I don't think I
highlighted it)

see the result I posted

   Some text and more text [XXX1]<EM>. S

The . inside the em isn't pulled before the cite.

If you need to do that I'd do as Mike suggested and do a first pass that
normalises things so the cite and . are always siblings.

http://www.star.net.uk